The rhubarb is ready (and we have LOTS in the LE kitchen). But what am I going to do with all of this rhubarb? Here are some recipes to help you and I both bust our rhubarb stash! Because I’m baking impaired, I’ve tried to add recipes that are beginner friendly or don’t involve much (or any) baking!
First things first, be sure to clean your rhubarb well, remove the leaves (they’re poisonous) and if your rhubarb has a tough outer skin, peel it! Remember too, rhubarb can be frozen! Cut it into 1 inch chunks, put it into a freezer bag, and it will keep for a year (or until next year’s harvest is ready).
1. Rhubarb Coffee Cake – Canadian Living never lets me down with their recipes. I like to add a touch of orange or lemon zest to my coffee cake.
2. Rhubarb Gin – Scarlet Pyjamas has an easy to follow recipe. This would be so tasty in summer cocktails.
3. Lemon and Rhubarb Cookies – This recipes from Picklebums looks amazing! Fast prep time too.
4. Rhubarb Bars – Broma Bakery’s recipe, they are so bright! Cream cheese shortbread crust… these look delicious!
5. Rhubarb Slush – A Crafy Lass posted this some time ago but it’s still making it’s rounds. Would be just as good without the vodka.
6. Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade – Here’s a light and refreshing recipe from CincyShopper. Perfect for warm summer afternoon.
7. Rhubarb Cream Pie – Mennonite Girls Can Cook is a great Canadian Blog with amazing recipes. How cute are these single serve lovelies?
8. Crusty Rhubarb Pie – This recipe from Relish is one I need to try! That looks like a recipe even the baking impaired can make!
I’ll post my results as I finish! Do you have any good rhubarb recipes? Please be sure to share them!